A message from the OBOA
Dear OBOA Member, Industry Partners, and Ontario Residents,
As you are aware, the Provincial government recently declared a state of emergency based on the pandemic declaration of COVID-19. Many municipalities are carrying out their pandemic plans and reducing staff coverage in some areas to slow the spread of the virus. This could mean an impact to operations and building inspections.
The OBOA has been receiving inquiries from our members about building inspections and protocols. Our role in the industry is to provide training and education to building officials across the Province and guidance on the Ontario Building Code. We trust that Chief Building Officials are working with their organizations to adjust their operations in accordance with their pandemic plans, while ensuring the protection of employees in the workplace and residents in their communities.
If there is some doubt about inspection protocols at this time, we encourage building officials to seek the advice of your City Manager. We understand that every municipality will execute their operations as they deem appropriate for their community.
The OBOA has rescheduled training courses until the Fall. As events unfold, we will update our training calendar accordingly.
The OBOA office is closed to the general public, but phones and emails are being monitored from 10 am – 3 pm.
For updates on Covid-19 in the province, please visit the Ministry of Health’s website. We encourage you to please keep informed as we band together as a community to overcome this crisis.
- May 11, 2020May is Building Safety Month!
- January 29, 2020The OBOA partners with the Ministry of Seniors and Accessibility to develop and deliver accessibility training for building officials
- November 25, 2019The OBOA responds to the Ministry’s proposal for a new DAA to regulate the Ontario Building Industry
- October 9, 2019New OBOA President takes the lead for 2020, thanks outgoing President for service
- September 25, 2019Amendments to the Ontario Building Code
- August 11, 2019OBOA appoints Priya Ramsingh as Senior Communications Lead
- August 8, 2019Get the OBOA AMTS 2019 Mobile App!
- July 18, 2019Get involved in Canada’s building code development work.
- June 20, 2019Congratulations OBOA Members! Read Steven Clark’s letter to the OBOA.
- June 6, 2019Congratulations Karalee Heppner!