May is Building Safety Month!
Doing a reno? Here are top 10 tips for home renovations and why you need a building permit.
Every May, the building industry celebrates Building Safety Month to create awareness about safety and the importance of the Ontario Building Code. This year, the OBOA’s Building Safety Month campaign theme is, Top 10 tips for home renovations. While Ontario is still practicing social distancing, homeowners can use this checklist to start planning for upcoming renos to homes and cottages.
Keep up with our campaign on social media:
- March 20, 2020A message from the OBOA
- January 29, 2020The OBOA partners with the Ministry of Seniors and Accessibility to develop and deliver accessibility training for building officials
- November 25, 2019The OBOA responds to the Ministry’s proposal for a new DAA to regulate the Ontario Building Industry
- October 9, 2019New OBOA President takes the lead for 2020, thanks outgoing President for service
- September 25, 2019Amendments to the Ontario Building Code
- August 11, 2019OBOA appoints Priya Ramsingh as Senior Communications Lead
- August 8, 2019Get the OBOA AMTS 2019 Mobile App!
- July 18, 2019Get involved in Canada’s building code development work.
- June 20, 2019Congratulations OBOA Members! Read Steven Clark’s letter to the OBOA.
- June 6, 2019Congratulations Karalee Heppner!