by Michael P. Gagne | Sep 27, 2018 | Municipal Spotlight
The Township of Otonabee-South Monaghan, is a beautiful rural municipality located just East of the City of Peterborough on the banks of Rice Lake. Built on a foundation of arts, agriculture, fishing and heritage, Township of 6,600 is a warm and welcoming community.
Building Officials love the diversity of being a rural inspector in this picturesque part of Ontario. Permits include many types of buildings from residential to commercial and agricultural which gives Building Officials who work here experience in a variety of construction projects.
Living in a small municipality means Building Officials can build personal connections with members of Council. Council members are very supportive of the Building Department and work culture is very collaborative.
Travel to inspections is one of the best parts of the job especially in the fall where the country roads are lined with the beautiful colours of the trees. If you are looking for variety, community and a beautiful place to live and work, the Building Department in the Township of Otonabee-South Monaghan is the place for you.
- Retirement of Lynn Balfour
- The OBOA appoints Interim CAO
- OBOA announces resignation of CAO
- Ontario-Municipal Summit Seeks Solutions to Build More Homes
- The OBOA welcomes new President for a two-year term
- The OBOA supports the statement from the City of Barrie
- The OBOA Welcomes New Board Members
- First graduates of the Building Official Fundamentals Certificate program will be the future of the building industry
- The OBOA supports Ontario’s Action Plan
- The OBOA partners with the Ministry for Seniors and Accessibility to help remove barriers in buildings and spaces across Ontario