The Township of Otonabee-South Monaghan, is a beautiful rural municipality located just East of the City of Peterborough on the banks of Rice Lake. Built on a foundation of arts, agriculture, fishing and heritage, Township of 6,600 is a warm and welcoming community.
Building Officials love the diversity of being a rural inspector in this picturesque part of Ontario. Permits include many types of buildings from residential to commercial and agricultural which gives Building Officials who work here experience in a variety of construction projects.
Living in a small municipality means Building Officials can build personal connections with members of Council. Council members are very supportive of the Building Department and work culture is very collaborative.
Travel to inspections is one of the best parts of the job especially in the fall where the country roads are lined with the beautiful colours of the trees. If you are looking for variety, community and a beautiful place to live and work, the Building Department in the Township of Otonabee-South Monaghan is the place for you.
- One Ontario announces partnership with the Ontario Building Officials Association (OBOA) to collaborate on new Streamlined Data Exchange Framework
- The OBOA and Cloudpermit’s new partnership aims to digitalize the building permit process
- May is Building Safety Month!
- A message from the OBOA
- The OBOA partners with the Ministry of Seniors and Accessibility to develop and deliver accessibility training for building officials
- The OBOA responds to the Ministry’s proposal for a new DAA to regulate the Ontario Building Industry
- New OBOA President takes the lead for 2020, thanks outgoing President for service
- Amendments to the Ontario Building Code
- OBOA appoints Priya Ramsingh as Senior Communications Lead
- Get the OBOA AMTS 2019 Mobile App!