The Township of Otonabee-South Monaghan, is a beautiful rural municipality located just East of the City of Peterborough on the banks of Rice Lake. Built on a foundation of arts, agriculture, fishing and heritage, Township of 6,600 is a warm and welcoming community.
Building Officials love the diversity of being a rural inspector in this picturesque part of Ontario. Permits include many types of buildings from residential to commercial and agricultural which gives Building Officials who work here experience in a variety of construction projects.
Living in a small municipality means Building Officials can build personal connections with members of Council. Council members are very supportive of the Building Department and work culture is very collaborative.
Travel to inspections is one of the best parts of the job especially in the fall where the country roads are lined with the beautiful colours of the trees. If you are looking for variety, community and a beautiful place to live and work, the Building Department in the Township of Otonabee-South Monaghan is the place for you.
- Get involved in Canada’s building code development work.
- Congratulations OBOA Members! Read Steven Clark’s letter to the OBOA.
- Congratulations Karalee Heppner!
- Land of Lakes Chapter Donates $400 to the Bath and District Lions Club
- Call for award nominations by June 30th: Celebrate a building professional
- Help Direct the Next Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Strategy
- The Township of Springwater is hosting events to generate Building Code awareness
- The Ontario Building Code Matters: Live, Work And Play In Safe Buildings
- 2019 Leadership Day April 5
- PSHSA Slips, Trips & Falls Toolkit: Safety Talks Build Positive Health & Safety Culture