Halfway between Thunder Bay and Winnipeg, north of the Trans-Canada Highway, Sioux Lookout sits nestled on the lakeshores of Pelican, Abram and Lac Seul with the rugged Canadian Shield as its backdrop.
With a population of only 5,200 one might think of it as a sleepy town. However, nothing could be further from the truth. As the hub to the north, Sioux Lookout is a service centre for locations accessible by plane or winter road. As a Chief Building Official, you may be doing a plumbing inspection on an addition to the federal hospital in the morning, and taking your boat to do a framing inspection of a new lakefront home in the afternoon.
If you’re looking for independence variety and new challenges every day Sioux Lookout is where you want to be. An added bonus – the fishing is world class.
- Get involved in Canada’s building code development work.
- Congratulations OBOA Members! Read Steven Clark’s letter to the OBOA.
- Congratulations Karalee Heppner!
- Land of Lakes Chapter Donates $400 to the Bath and District Lions Club
- Call for award nominations by June 30th: Celebrate a building professional
- Help Direct the Next Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Strategy
- The Township of Springwater is hosting events to generate Building Code awareness
- The Ontario Building Code Matters: Live, Work And Play In Safe Buildings
- 2019 Leadership Day April 5
- PSHSA Slips, Trips & Falls Toolkit: Safety Talks Build Positive Health & Safety Culture