Halfway between Thunder Bay and Winnipeg, north of the Trans-Canada Highway, Sioux Lookout sits nestled on the lakeshores of Pelican, Abram and Lac Seul with the rugged Canadian Shield as its backdrop.
With a population of only 5,200 one might think of it as a sleepy town. However, nothing could be further from the truth. As the hub to the north, Sioux Lookout is a service centre for locations accessible by plane or winter road. As a Chief Building Official, you may be doing a plumbing inspection on an addition to the federal hospital in the morning, and taking your boat to do a framing inspection of a new lakefront home in the afternoon.
If you’re looking for independence variety and new challenges every day Sioux Lookout is where you want to be. An added bonus – the fishing is world class.
- One Ontario announces partnership with the Ontario Building Officials Association (OBOA) to collaborate on new Streamlined Data Exchange Framework
- The OBOA and Cloudpermit’s new partnership aims to digitalize the building permit process
- May is Building Safety Month!
- A message from the OBOA
- The OBOA partners with the Ministry of Seniors and Accessibility to develop and deliver accessibility training for building officials
- The OBOA responds to the Ministry’s proposal for a new DAA to regulate the Ontario Building Industry
- New OBOA President takes the lead for 2020, thanks outgoing President for service
- Amendments to the Ontario Building Code
- OBOA appoints Priya Ramsingh as Senior Communications Lead
- Get the OBOA AMTS 2019 Mobile App!