Poised to embrace the future, the City of Temiskaming Shores, one of the most picturesque and attractive communities in Northern Ontario, Canada, is a recently amalgamated municipality with a population of 11,000. The beauty of Lake Temiskaming, the clean air, natural features, ideal boating, hiking, skiing, snowmobiling, golfing and numerous other recreational amenities make this an exceptional place to both live and work.
The Corporation of the City of Temiskaming Shores recognizes that as a service organization, its success is determined largely by the quality of people that in its work force. Culture is important, making this a great place to work for Building Officials.
Being home to numerous corporate headquarters, many local businesses and tourist attractions, Building Officials will find the variety they crave in a warm community setting.
- May is Building Safety Month!
- A message from the OBOA
- The OBOA partners with the Ministry of Seniors and Accessibility to develop and deliver accessibility training for building officials
- The OBOA responds to the Ministry’s proposal for a new DAA to regulate the Ontario Building Industry
- New OBOA President takes the lead for 2020, thanks outgoing President for service
- Amendments to the Ontario Building Code
- OBOA appoints Priya Ramsingh as Senior Communications Lead
- Get the OBOA AMTS 2019 Mobile App!
- Get involved in Canada’s building code development work.
- Congratulations OBOA Members! Read Steven Clark’s letter to the OBOA.