As a Building Official in Central Elgin you’ll never get bored. This municipality of 12,700 spans from the shores of Lake Erie to the southern boundary of the City of London. Central Elgin offers a little bit of everything.
In Port Stanley you will see million-dollar beach homes sitting on piers to allow for changes in water levels of up to 3m. During the Summer months, the beach restaurants and shops host thousands of visitors every day.
Sparta village, settled in 1830 as a major Quaker settlement in Upper Canada has over 10 heritage designated properties. Few areas in Ontario offer more historical significance to our past.
Moving north you enter the agricultural belt of Southwestern Ontario that is home to industrial agricultural operations with large facilities.
If you are looking to challenge your skills Central Elgin is the place for you.
- First graduates of the Building Official Fundamentals Certificate program will be the future of the building industry
- The OBOA supports Ontario’s Action Plan
- The OBOA partners with the Ministry for Seniors and Accessibility to help remove barriers in buildings and spaces across Ontario
- One Ontario announces partnership with the Ontario Building Officials Association (OBOA) to collaborate on new Streamlined Data Exchange Framework
- The OBOA and Cloudpermit’s new partnership aims to digitalize the building permit process
- May is Building Safety Month!
- A message from the OBOA
- The OBOA partners with the Ministry of Seniors and Accessibility to develop and deliver accessibility training for building officials
- The OBOA responds to the Ministry’s proposal for a new DAA to regulate the Ontario Building Industry
- New OBOA President takes the lead for 2020, thanks outgoing President for service