As a Building Official in Central Elgin you’ll never get bored. This municipality of 12,700 spans from the shores of Lake Erie to the southern boundary of the City of London. Central Elgin offers a little bit of everything.
In Port Stanley you will see million-dollar beach homes sitting on piers to allow for changes in water levels of up to 3m. During the Summer months, the beach restaurants and shops host thousands of visitors every day.
Sparta village, settled in 1830 as a major Quaker settlement in Upper Canada has over 10 heritage designated properties. Few areas in Ontario offer more historical significance to our past.
Moving north you enter the agricultural belt of Southwestern Ontario that is home to industrial agricultural operations with large facilities.
If you are looking to challenge your skills Central Elgin is the place for you.
- CaGBC Research finds gaps in low-carbon building skills in Ontario
- Shining a Northern Light on the Building Official Profession
- OBOA Pine Ridge Chapter raises $7,200+ in donations at 9th annual golf tourney.
- Another senior staff member leaving city hall
- Career Event
- New chief building official appointed in Sarnia
- Help Share the Future of our Profession
- Canadian Farm Builders Association Annual Conference
- Report exposed big problems in building and construction industry before Opal Tower drama
- National Building Code to include climate change obligations