As a Building Official in Central Elgin you’ll never get bored. This municipality of 12,700 spans from the shores of Lake Erie to the southern boundary of the City of London. Central Elgin offers a little bit of everything.
In Port Stanley you will see million-dollar beach homes sitting on piers to allow for changes in water levels of up to 3m. During the Summer months, the beach restaurants and shops host thousands of visitors every day.
Sparta village, settled in 1830 as a major Quaker settlement in Upper Canada has over 10 heritage designated properties. Few areas in Ontario offer more historical significance to our past.
Moving north you enter the agricultural belt of Southwestern Ontario that is home to industrial agricultural operations with large facilities.
If you are looking to challenge your skills Central Elgin is the place for you.
- New OBOA President takes the lead for 2020, thanks outgoing President for service
- OBOA appoints Priya Ramsingh as Senior Communications Lead
- Get the OBOA AMTS 2019 Mobile App!
- Get involved in Canada’s building code development work.
- Congratulations OBOA Members! Read Steven Clark’s letter to the OBOA.
- Congratulations Karalee Heppner!
- Land of Lakes Chapter Donates $400 to the Bath and District Lions Club
- Call for award nominations by June 30th: Celebrate a building professional
- Help Direct the Next Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Strategy
- The Township of Springwater is hosting events to generate Building Code awareness