by Michael P. Gagne | Jun 21, 2018 | Municipal Spotlight
If you’re looking for a place to work that has a blend of city living and small-town appeal, Ottawa has a lot to offer. It’s economically stable, there’s lots of green space plus you can enjoy all the amenities of a city without the congestion. Ottawa is a peaceful and an accepting place for locals and newcomers making it an ideal place to live and work for Building Officials.
The City of Ottawa is one of Canada’s top 100 employers, as nominated by the Globe and Mail for the past five years. The City of Ottawa helps employees balance their work and personal lives through a variety of alternative work arrangements and workplace wellness programs and encourages the professional development of its employees.
Ottawa Building Departments are looking for creative and innovative Building Officials who share a commitment to excellent service and to an inclusive, vibrant, safe city.
If you want to experience the satisfaction of seeing the results of your work across a wide range of construction projects, consider working in Ottawa’s Building Department.
- Retirement of Lynn Balfour
- The OBOA appoints Interim CAO
- OBOA announces resignation of CAO
- Ontario-Municipal Summit Seeks Solutions to Build More Homes
- The OBOA welcomes new President for a two-year term
- The OBOA supports the statement from the City of Barrie
- The OBOA Welcomes New Board Members
- First graduates of the Building Official Fundamentals Certificate program will be the future of the building industry
- The OBOA supports Ontario’s Action Plan
- The OBOA partners with the Ministry for Seniors and Accessibility to help remove barriers in buildings and spaces across Ontario