If you’re looking for a place to work that has a blend of city living and small-town appeal, Ottawa has a lot to offer. It’s economically stable, there’s lots of green space plus you can enjoy all the amenities of a city without the congestion. Ottawa is a peaceful and an accepting place for locals and newcomers making it an ideal place to live and work for Building Officials.
The City of Ottawa is one of Canada’s top 100 employers, as nominated by the Globe and Mail for the past five years. The City of Ottawa helps employees balance their work and personal lives through a variety of alternative work arrangements and workplace wellness programs and encourages the professional development of its employees.
Ottawa Building Departments are looking for creative and innovative Building Officials who share a commitment to excellent service and to an inclusive, vibrant, safe city.
If you want to experience the satisfaction of seeing the results of your work across a wide range of construction projects, consider working in Ottawa’s Building Department.
- CaGBC Research finds gaps in low-carbon building skills in Ontario
- Shining a Northern Light on the Building Official Profession
- OBOA Pine Ridge Chapter raises $7,200+ in donations at 9th annual golf tourney.
- Another senior staff member leaving city hall
- Career Event
- New chief building official appointed in Sarnia
- Help Share the Future of our Profession
- Canadian Farm Builders Association Annual Conference
- Report exposed big problems in building and construction industry before Opal Tower drama
- National Building Code to include climate change obligations