If you’re looking for a place to work that has a blend of city living and small-town appeal, Ottawa has a lot to offer. It’s economically stable, there’s lots of green space plus you can enjoy all the amenities of a city without the congestion. Ottawa is a peaceful and an accepting place for locals and newcomers making it an ideal place to live and work for Building Officials.
The City of Ottawa is one of Canada’s top 100 employers, as nominated by the Globe and Mail for the past five years. The City of Ottawa helps employees balance their work and personal lives through a variety of alternative work arrangements and workplace wellness programs and encourages the professional development of its employees.
Ottawa Building Departments are looking for creative and innovative Building Officials who share a commitment to excellent service and to an inclusive, vibrant, safe city.
If you want to experience the satisfaction of seeing the results of your work across a wide range of construction projects, consider working in Ottawa’s Building Department.
- One Ontario announces partnership with the Ontario Building Officials Association (OBOA) to collaborate on new Streamlined Data Exchange Framework
- The OBOA and Cloudpermit’s new partnership aims to digitalize the building permit process
- May is Building Safety Month!
- A message from the OBOA
- The OBOA partners with the Ministry of Seniors and Accessibility to develop and deliver accessibility training for building officials
- The OBOA responds to the Ministry’s proposal for a new DAA to regulate the Ontario Building Industry
- New OBOA President takes the lead for 2020, thanks outgoing President for service
- Amendments to the Ontario Building Code
- OBOA appoints Priya Ramsingh as Senior Communications Lead
- Get the OBOA AMTS 2019 Mobile App!