The Firestop Contractors International Association Firestop and Effective Compartmentation DIIM SymposiumPublished: 2017-08-08, Original Article
On behalf of FCIA’s Canada Committee, we invite you to The Firestop Contractors International Association Firestop and Effective Compartmentation DIIM Symposium in Toronto, Thursday, September 21st the following is free for OBOA members:
- Building Officials
- Fire Marshals
- Architects/Specifiers/Engineers at Design Firms
- Facility Management Personnel at Healthcare/Educational Facilities
All others (contractors, special inspectors, etc.) would be paid. The registration brochures are both attached for your review.
We look forward to welcoming OBOA members to the FCIA Firestop & Effective Compartmentation ‘DIIM’ Symposium Canada in Toronto, ON this September 21.
For Code and Fire Officials with governmental agencies, Building Officials, Specifiers with Design Firms, registration is FREE. And, we’ll provide FCIA’s 07-84-00 Firestopping Specification and a FREE PDF of FCIA’s Firestop Manual of Practice as well. Travel and hotel is not included.
September 21st is earmarked for industry education - Tabletop Exhibits and educational sessions regarding the ‘DIIM’ of Life Safety are ongoing throughout the day. Here are some of the interesting sessions you will attend:
- The National Research Council of Canada will talk about proposals to the National Building Code of Canada Code, resulting in the 2020 version of the National Building Code in Canada.
- Hear about the mysteries of fire test standards through the use of actual case studies. This session will cover test standards, engineering judgements and more.
- Learn how firestopping and the features of fire separations are all critical to fire- and life-safety through a discussion of firestopping, and specifications in existing buildings.
- A representative from UL will speak on Listed Systems Issues in Canada – Perimeter Fire-Containment and Cladding
- And more!