CPDP Cycle Ends Dec 31, 2019: Submit Completed Credits Soon!
A reminder to all members that the 3-year CPDP cycle ends December 31, 2019. Don’t miss out on submitting completed credits.
The OBOA’s Continuing Professional Development Program (CPDP) is a requirement for certified members to maintain their designations and is rich in both technical and leadership training. We aim to cultivate well-rounded Building Officials who are technically savvy and have excellent communication and leadership skills for the construction site and within administrative settings.
Each member is responsible for maintaining their certification.
Viewing your Continuing Professional Development Program Credits and Certification Streams
Types of Credits
Credits can be assigned for both in-person or independent learning and are required to be a mix of technical or non-technical (occupational skills training). Learn more about types of credits.
Individual Credit Reporting: After attending a course, meeting or event individually report credits here.
Event Credit Reporting: Larger type, organized meetings, courses, and events should be reported through the OBOA events system. Report credits for pre-approved events here.
Assigning an Event Administrator
Municipalities, groups, and committees who are hosting a credit-eligible event should consider having an event administrator handle the event attendance. Administrator education credit management, report group attendance here.
Learn more about structured and independent learning credits, how to submit your credits and more at Continuing Professional Development Program Credits.
Shawn Merriman, Director Region B has been working with OBOA members to submit and assign credits and can be contacted HERE or by calling (343) 264-0579
- April 16, 2019PSHSA Slips, Trips & Falls Toolkit: Safety Talks Build Positive Health & Safety Culture
- April 11, 2019Mainline Backflow Products – Mainline Bob
- April 9, 2019A Step-By-Step Guide to Hosting Your Own Career Event
- April 1, 2019New OBOA Training Classroom Doors Open April 8th
- April 1, 2019OBOA White Paper: Increasing Housing Supply in Ontario
- March 28, 2019Matt Farrell on The Tim Hudak Show: OBOA’s view on growing Ontario housing supply
- February 6, 2019Shining a Northern Light on the Building Official Profession
- January 31, 2019OBOA Pine Ridge Chapter raises $7,200+ in donations at 9th annual golf tourney.
- January 31, 2019CaGBC Research finds gaps in low-carbon building skills in Ontario
- January 25, 2019Another senior staff member leaving city hall