CPDP Cycle Ends Dec 31, 2019: Submit Completed Credits Soon!
A reminder to all members that the 3-year CPDP cycle ends December 31, 2019. Don’t miss out on submitting completed credits.
The OBOA’s Continuing Professional Development Program (CPDP) is a requirement for certified members to maintain their designations and is rich in both technical and leadership training. We aim to cultivate well-rounded Building Officials who are technically savvy and have excellent communication and leadership skills for the construction site and within administrative settings.
Each member is responsible for maintaining their certification.
Viewing your Continuing Professional Development Program Credits and Certification Streams
Types of Credits
Credits can be assigned for both in-person or independent learning and are required to be a mix of technical or non-technical (occupational skills training). Learn more about types of credits.
Individual Credit Reporting: After attending a course, meeting or event individually report credits here.
Event Credit Reporting: Larger type, organized meetings, courses, and events should be reported through the OBOA events system. Report credits for pre-approved events here.
Assigning an Event Administrator
Municipalities, groups, and committees who are hosting a credit-eligible event should consider having an event administrator handle the event attendance. Administrator education credit management, report group attendance here.
Learn more about structured and independent learning credits, how to submit your credits and more at Continuing Professional Development Program Credits.
Shawn Merriman, Director Region B has been working with OBOA members to submit and assign credits and can be contacted HERE or by calling (343) 264-0579
- May 11, 2020May is Building Safety Month!
- March 20, 2020A message from the OBOA
- January 29, 2020The OBOA partners with the Ministry of Seniors and Accessibility to develop and deliver accessibility training for building officials
- November 25, 2019The OBOA responds to the Ministry’s proposal for a new DAA to regulate the Ontario Building Industry
- October 9, 2019New OBOA President takes the lead for 2020, thanks outgoing President for service
- September 25, 2019Amendments to the Ontario Building Code
- August 11, 2019OBOA appoints Priya Ramsingh as Senior Communications Lead
- August 8, 2019Get the OBOA AMTS 2019 Mobile App!
- July 18, 2019Get involved in Canada’s building code development work.
- June 20, 2019Congratulations OBOA Members! Read Steven Clark’s letter to the OBOA.