CPDP Cycle Ends Dec 31, 2019: Submit Completed Credits Soon!
A reminder to all members that the 3-year CPDP cycle ends December 31, 2019. Don’t miss out on submitting completed credits.
The OBOA’s Continuing Professional Development Program (CPDP) is a requirement for certified members to maintain their designations and is rich in both technical and leadership training. We aim to cultivate well-rounded Building Officials who are technically savvy and have excellent communication and leadership skills for the construction site and within administrative settings.
Each member is responsible for maintaining their certification.
Viewing your Continuing Professional Development Program Credits and Certification Streams
Types of Credits
Credits can be assigned for both in-person or independent learning and are required to be a mix of technical or non-technical (occupational skills training). Learn more about types of credits.
Individual Credit Reporting: After attending a course, meeting or event individually report credits here.
Event Credit Reporting: Larger type, organized meetings, courses, and events should be reported through the OBOA events system. Report credits for pre-approved events here.
Assigning an Event Administrator
Municipalities, groups, and committees who are hosting a credit-eligible event should consider having an event administrator handle the event attendance. Administrator education credit management, report group attendance here.
Learn more about structured and independent learning credits, how to submit your credits and more at Continuing Professional Development Program Credits.
Shawn Merriman, Director Region B has been working with OBOA members to submit and assign credits and can be contacted HERE or by calling (343) 264-0579
- June 6, 2019Congratulations Karalee Heppner!
- June 5, 2019Land of Lakes Chapter Donates $400 to the Bath and District Lions Club
- June 3, 2019Call for award nominations by June 30th: Celebrate a building professional
- May 13, 2019Help Direct the Next Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Strategy
- May 10, 2019The Township of Springwater is hosting events to generate Building Code awareness
- April 25, 2019The Ontario Building Code Matters: Live, Work And Play In Safe Buildings
- April 24, 20192019 Leadership Day April 5
- April 16, 2019PSHSA Slips, Trips & Falls Toolkit: Safety Talks Build Positive Health & Safety Culture
- April 11, 2019Mainline Backflow Products – Mainline Bob
- April 9, 2019A Step-By-Step Guide to Hosting Your Own Career Event