Get involved in Canada’s building code development work.
Calling all experts in technical areas of the National #Building, #Fire, #Plumbing and #Energy Codes for Buildings! Join the CCBFC technical standing committees to get involved in Canada’s building code development work. Submit your interest: ow.ly/7lT950uWuTX
National Research Council Canada (NRC) actively recruits new members to serve on the Canadian Commission on Building and Fire Codes (CCBFC) prior to each five-year code cycle and on an as-needed basis throughout the code cycle. Individuals interested in participating in important national codes development work as a standing committee or as a CCBFC member are invited to submit their expression of interest at any time submitting the electronic form found here.
These submissions will be considered during the code development cycle as well as to fill vacancies. Please indicate which standing committee(s) you are interested in joining, include a summary of your relevant experience and send a separate email containing your résumé (required) and up to two recommendation/reference files (optional) to Codes.firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you know of a good candidate for one of these committees, please encourage them to submit an expression of interest using the same form.
The CCBFC oversees the work of nine standing committees whose members apply their experience in the following technical areas. Learn more >>
- October 14, 2020The OBOA partners with the Ministry for Seniors and Accessibility to help remove barriers in buildings and spaces across Ontario
- August 27, 2020One Ontario announces partnership with the Ontario Building Officials Association (OBOA) to collaborate on new Streamlined Data Exchange Framework
- August 27, 2020The OBOA and Cloudpermit’s new partnership aims to digitalize the building permit process
- May 11, 2020May is Building Safety Month!
- March 20, 2020A message from the OBOA
- January 29, 2020The OBOA partners with the Ministry of Seniors and Accessibility to develop and deliver accessibility training for building officials
- November 25, 2019The OBOA responds to the Ministry’s proposal for a new DAA to regulate the Ontario Building Industry
- October 9, 2019New OBOA President takes the lead for 2020, thanks outgoing President for service
- September 25, 2019Amendments to the Ontario Building Code
- August 11, 2019OBOA appoints Priya Ramsingh as Senior Communications Lead