Get involved in Canada’s building code development work.
Calling all experts in technical areas of the National #Building, #Fire, #Plumbing and #Energy Codes for Buildings! Join the CCBFC technical standing committees to get involved in Canada’s building code development work. Submit your interest: ow.ly/7lT950uWuTX
National Research Council Canada (NRC) actively recruits new members to serve on the Canadian Commission on Building and Fire Codes (CCBFC) prior to each five-year code cycle and on an as-needed basis throughout the code cycle. Individuals interested in participating in important national codes development work as a standing committee or as a CCBFC member are invited to submit their expression of interest at any time submitting the electronic form found here.
These submissions will be considered during the code development cycle as well as to fill vacancies. Please indicate which standing committee(s) you are interested in joining, include a summary of your relevant experience and send a separate email containing your résumé (required) and up to two recommendation/reference files (optional) to Codes.firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you know of a good candidate for one of these committees, please encourage them to submit an expression of interest using the same form.
The CCBFC oversees the work of nine standing committees whose members apply their experience in the following technical areas. Learn more >>
- June 9, 2022OBOA announces resignation of CAO
- January 21, 2022Ontario-Municipal Summit Seeks Solutions to Build More Homes
- October 12, 2021The OBOA welcomes new President for a two-year term
- July 19, 2021The OBOA supports the statement from the City of Barrie
- January 28, 2021The OBOA Welcomes New Board Members
- November 25, 2020First graduates of the Building Official Fundamentals Certificate program will be the future of the building industry
- November 11, 2020The OBOA supports Ontario’s Action Plan
- October 14, 2020The OBOA partners with the Ministry for Seniors and Accessibility to help remove barriers in buildings and spaces across Ontario
- August 27, 2020One Ontario announces partnership with the Ontario Building Officials Association (OBOA) to collaborate on new Streamlined Data Exchange Framework
- August 27, 2020The OBOA and Cloudpermit’s new partnership aims to digitalize the building permit process