May is Building Safety Month!
Doing a reno? Here are top 10 tips for home renovations and why you need a building permit.
Every May, the building industry celebrates Building Safety Month to create awareness about safety and the importance of the Ontario Building Code. This year, the OBOA’s Building Safety Month campaign theme is, Top 10 tips for home renovations. While Ontario is still practicing social distancing, homeowners can use this checklist to start planning for upcoming renos to homes and cottages.
Keep up with our campaign on social media:
- January 28, 2021The OBOA Welcomes New Board Members
- November 25, 2020First graduates of the Building Official Fundamentals Certificate program will be the future of the building industry
- November 11, 2020The OBOA supports Ontario’s Action Plan
- October 14, 2020The OBOA partners with the Ministry for Seniors and Accessibility to help remove barriers in buildings and spaces across Ontario
- August 27, 2020One Ontario announces partnership with the Ontario Building Officials Association (OBOA) to collaborate on new Streamlined Data Exchange Framework
- August 27, 2020The OBOA and Cloudpermit’s new partnership aims to digitalize the building permit process
- March 20, 2020A message from the OBOA
- January 29, 2020The OBOA partners with the Ministry of Seniors and Accessibility to develop and deliver accessibility training for building officials
- November 25, 2019The OBOA responds to the Ministry’s proposal for a new DAA to regulate the Ontario Building Industry
- October 9, 2019New OBOA President takes the lead for 2020, thanks outgoing President for service