PSHSA Slips, Trips & Falls Toolkit: Safety Talks Build Positive Health & Safety Culture
Safety talks are a great way to build a positive health and safety culture. Use the PSHSA Slips, Trips and Falls toolkit as your next Safety Talk theme.
Falls Awareness Week is May 6–10, 2019 and, along with the Ministry of Labour, the PSHSA encourages you to stop work for 15–30 minutes during the week to have a safety talk about fall hazards specific to your workplace. Talking about falls can lead to identifying hazards and gaps in knowledge or training.
The PSHSA’s goal is to support open dialogue about fall hazards at work and to foster a shift in workplace culture surrounding falls. As part of a workplace’s Internal Responsibility System, all workplace parties have a role to play in maintaining a healthy and safe workplace. Falls are preventable!
- March 20, 2020A message from the OBOA
- January 29, 2020The OBOA partners with the Ministry of Seniors and Accessibility to develop and deliver accessibility training for building officials
- November 25, 2019The OBOA responds to the Ministry’s proposal for a new DAA to regulate the Ontario Building Industry
- October 9, 2019New OBOA President takes the lead for 2020, thanks outgoing President for service
- September 25, 2019Amendments to the Ontario Building Code
- August 11, 2019OBOA appoints Priya Ramsingh as Senior Communications Lead
- August 8, 2019Get the OBOA AMTS 2019 Mobile App!
- July 18, 2019Get involved in Canada’s building code development work.
- June 20, 2019Congratulations OBOA Members! Read Steven Clark’s letter to the OBOA.
- June 6, 2019Congratulations Karalee Heppner!