OBOA White Paper: Increasing Housing Supply in Ontario
The Ontario Building Officials Association (OBOA) strongly supports the Province initiating the consultation process to find ways to increase the supply of housing in Ontario. As building officials, our members have an integral role in not only administering and enforcing construction regulation but also ensure that people live, work and play in safe buildings.
As part of the consultation process, OBOA conducted its own internal consultation with members. OBOA distributed the consultation document to all its 1900 members and received an overwhelming response. As the voice of its members, OBOA developed consensus based on all the submissions. This white paper is the OBOA’s final submission highlighting where we feel that improvements need to be made to the development approval system.
- October 9, 2019New OBOA President takes the lead for 2020, thanks outgoing President for service
- August 11, 2019OBOA appoints Priya Ramsingh as Senior Communications Lead
- August 8, 2019Get the OBOA AMTS 2019 Mobile App!
- July 18, 2019Get involved in Canada’s building code development work.
- June 20, 2019Congratulations OBOA Members! Read Steven Clark’s letter to the OBOA.
- June 6, 2019Congratulations Karalee Heppner!
- June 5, 2019Land of Lakes Chapter Donates $400 to the Bath and District Lions Club
- June 3, 2019Call for award nominations by June 30th: Celebrate a building professional
- May 13, 2019Help Direct the Next Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Strategy
- May 10, 2019The Township of Springwater is hosting events to generate Building Code awareness