OBOA White Paper: Increasing Housing Supply in Ontario
The Ontario Building Officials Association (OBOA) strongly supports the Province initiating the consultation process to find ways to increase the supply of housing in Ontario. As building officials, our members have an integral role in not only administering and enforcing construction regulation but also ensure that people live, work and play in safe buildings.
As part of the consultation process, OBOA conducted its own internal consultation with members. OBOA distributed the consultation document to all its 1900 members and received an overwhelming response. As the voice of its members, OBOA developed consensus based on all the submissions. This white paper is the OBOA’s final submission highlighting where we feel that improvements need to be made to the development approval system.
- October 12, 2021The OBOA welcomes new President for a two-year term
- July 19, 2021The OBOA supports the statement from the City of Barrie
- January 28, 2021The OBOA Welcomes New Board Members
- November 25, 2020First graduates of the Building Official Fundamentals Certificate program will be the future of the building industry
- November 11, 2020The OBOA supports Ontario’s Action Plan
- October 14, 2020The OBOA partners with the Ministry for Seniors and Accessibility to help remove barriers in buildings and spaces across Ontario
- August 27, 2020One Ontario announces partnership with the Ontario Building Officials Association (OBOA) to collaborate on new Streamlined Data Exchange Framework
- August 27, 2020The OBOA and Cloudpermit’s new partnership aims to digitalize the building permit process
- May 11, 2020May is Building Safety Month!
- March 20, 2020A message from the OBOA