OBOA White Paper: Increasing Housing Supply in Ontario
The Ontario Building Officials Association (OBOA) strongly supports the Province initiating the consultation process to find ways to increase the supply of housing in Ontario. As building officials, our members have an integral role in not only administering and enforcing construction regulation but also ensure that people live, work and play in safe buildings.
As part of the consultation process, OBOA conducted its own internal consultation with members. OBOA distributed the consultation document to all its 1900 members and received an overwhelming response. As the voice of its members, OBOA developed consensus based on all the submissions. This white paper is the OBOA’s final submission highlighting where we feel that improvements need to be made to the development approval system.
- October 14, 2020The OBOA partners with the Ministry for Seniors and Accessibility to help remove barriers in buildings and spaces across Ontario
- August 27, 2020One Ontario announces partnership with the Ontario Building Officials Association (OBOA) to collaborate on new Streamlined Data Exchange Framework
- August 27, 2020The OBOA and Cloudpermit’s new partnership aims to digitalize the building permit process
- May 11, 2020May is Building Safety Month!
- March 20, 2020A message from the OBOA
- January 29, 2020The OBOA partners with the Ministry of Seniors and Accessibility to develop and deliver accessibility training for building officials
- November 25, 2019The OBOA responds to the Ministry’s proposal for a new DAA to regulate the Ontario Building Industry
- October 9, 2019New OBOA President takes the lead for 2020, thanks outgoing President for service
- September 25, 2019Amendments to the Ontario Building Code
- August 11, 2019OBOA appoints Priya Ramsingh as Senior Communications Lead