A message from the OBOA
Dear OBOA Member, Industry Partners, and Ontario Residents,
As you are aware, the Provincial government recently declared a state of emergency based on the pandemic declaration of COVID-19. Many municipalities are carrying out their pandemic plans and reducing staff coverage in some areas to slow the spread of the virus. This could mean an impact to operations and building inspections.
The OBOA has been receiving inquiries from our members about building inspections and protocols. Our role in the industry is to provide training and education to building officials across the Province and guidance on the Ontario Building Code. We trust that Chief Building Officials are working with their organizations to adjust their operations in accordance with their pandemic plans, while ensuring the protection of employees in the workplace and residents in their communities.
If there is some doubt about inspection protocols at this time, we encourage building officials to seek the advice of your City Manager. We understand that every municipality will execute their operations as they deem appropriate for their community.
The OBOA has rescheduled training courses until the Fall. As events unfold, we will update our training calendar accordingly.
The OBOA office is closed to the general public, but phones and emails are being monitored from 10 am – 3 pm.
For updates on Covid-19 in the province, please visit the Ministry of Health’s website. We encourage you to please keep informed as we band together as a community to overcome this crisis.
- May 9, 2023Ontario Declares May as Building Safety Month
- April 5, 2023New CEO to lead the OBOA
- March 1, 2023Retirement of Lynn Balfour
- August 10, 2022The OBOA appoints Interim CAO
- June 9, 2022OBOA announces resignation of CAO
- January 21, 2022Ontario-Municipal Summit Seeks Solutions to Build More Homes
- October 12, 2021The OBOA welcomes new President for a two-year term
- July 19, 2021The OBOA supports the statement from the City of Barrie
- January 28, 2021The OBOA Welcomes New Board Members
- November 25, 2020First graduates of the Building Official Fundamentals Certificate program will be the future of the building industry