The OBOA supports Ontario’s Action Plan
November 11, 2020, Vaughan, Ont. – The OBOA welcomes the newly released 2020 provincial budget entitled, Ontario’s Action Plan: Protect, Support, Recover, which will help Ontario’s building industry move forward and encourage economic growth.
“By increasing spending on broadband services, this budget aligns with the OBOA’s goals of digitizing the e-permitting and municipal development approval process,” says Grant Brouwer, OBOA President.
Some highlights of the budget that affect the building industry include:
- Making government services more digitally accessible, which supports e-permitting in municipalities across Ontario and enables easier access to services across all levels of government.
- Reducing red tape and reducing barriers for development and construction approvals and untangling Ontario’s permitting requirements.
- Modernizing Ontario’s skilled trades and apprenticeship system for simplification and more employer participation.
Read the full plan here.
About the OBOA: Founded in 1956, the Ontario Building Officials Association (OBOA) supports the construction of safer, more sustainable and accessible buildings in Ontario. The OBOA delivers training and certification to Building officials, promotes uniform code application, works with industry partners, and policy makers with a goal to advance the Building Official profession.
For more information contact: Priya Ramsingh, Senior Communications Lead,
- June 9, 2022OBOA announces resignation of CAO
- January 21, 2022Ontario-Municipal Summit Seeks Solutions to Build More Homes
- October 12, 2021The OBOA welcomes new President for a two-year term
- July 19, 2021The OBOA supports the statement from the City of Barrie
- January 28, 2021The OBOA Welcomes New Board Members
- November 25, 2020First graduates of the Building Official Fundamentals Certificate program will be the future of the building industry
- October 14, 2020The OBOA partners with the Ministry for Seniors and Accessibility to help remove barriers in buildings and spaces across Ontario
- August 27, 2020One Ontario announces partnership with the Ontario Building Officials Association (OBOA) to collaborate on new Streamlined Data Exchange Framework
- August 27, 2020The OBOA and Cloudpermit’s new partnership aims to digitalize the building permit process
- March 20, 2020A message from the OBOA