Ontario Plumbing Inspectors Association Inc.
The Ontario Plumbing Inspectors Association Inc. (OPIA) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting the health and wellbeing of the Province of Ontario through safe plumbing. Founded in 1920, their primary purpose is to promote the improvement of plumbing standards to insure protection of the environment, promote the advancement of knowledge concerning the safe installation of plumbing and to ensure safe and adequate potable water systems in the Province of Ontario.
The OPIA has over 800 members made up of Plumbing and Building Inspectors, Plumbing and Building Contractors, plumbers and apprentices, Engineers, Engineering technicians, Drain Contractors, manufacturers and others interested in the promotion of safe plumbing practices. To serve their members better, the OPIA maintains a close liaison with the Ontario Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing and their Code Advisors. The OPIA maintains close relationships with many other associations such as the Ontario Building Officials Association, the Mechanical Contractors Association of Ontario, the Canadian Institute of Plumbing and Heating, the World Plumbing Council, the United Association of Journeymen and Apprentices of the Plumbing and Pipe Fitting Industry of the United States and Canada, the Ontario Concrete and Drain Contractors Association and the Ontario Plumbing Inspectors Sponsors Organization.
- Association of Architectural Technologists of Ontario (AATO)
- The Ontario Home Builders’ Association (OHBA)
- Quebec Association of Building Inspectors (AIBQ)
- The Ontario Association of Certified Engineering Technicians and Technologists (OACETT)
- Ontario Society of Professional Engineers (OSPE)
- Ontario Association of Architects (OAA)
- NBBOA – The New Brunswick Building Officials Association (NBBOA)
- Nation Research Council of Canada (NRC)